Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NEW OBSESSION

I don't know about you all but I have a personality whereby I will become obsessed with a particular thing for a while then become completely uninterested. Sometimes I will return to an obsession and other times not so much.  Extreme couponing is my current one, sparked by the lovely KELLEIGH RATZLAFF.  I have been dazzled by the deals that she gets for some time and I finally got around to trying it myself.  As I told my husband last night as I showed off my bargains, I promise I won't do this often, but I was so thrilled about my score that I just had to let you all in on it.

Guess what I paid for all this, go ahead guess.....ok I will tell you $2.66.  Yup, two dollars and sixty six cents.  I used both coupons from the walgreens ad and manufacturer coupons ( you are allowed to double up in most stores) combined and then I had a $5 register reward that I earned on my last trip to the store.
 I was giddy when I left walgreens. In fact, I felt like I had done something naughty.  I admit that it takes a while to get the hang of EC'ing (about a month) but it is so worth it! If you want to see a coupon queen in action check out Kelleigh's blog and if you are interested in trying it yourself she tells you how to get started HERE.
Ok, I'm off to clip some more coupons.....

1 comment:

Amy Johnson said...

Good for you! Although, I must admit as someone who works in retail, we don't like customers like you! LOL! We always complain about the customer that's trying to get a 'deal' on everything they buy. It drives us nuts. LOL!