Monday, March 1, 2010

TURNING MY FROWN UPSIDE DOWN!


Howdy everyone! I thought I would share some of my misery with you. After all why should I brood alone right? I am definitely not an optimistic person by nature as my family will attest(thank goodness they love me anyway) but I try to go against my genetic tendencies and make the best out of every situation. Which brings me to today's post. I recently threw my hat (paper projects) into the Spellbinder ring so to speak and came out on the losing side. I was totally bummed until I saw the list of finalist, who were among the very top echelon of paper crafters. I still felt crappy but realized I never really had a chance in H-E-double toothpicks with that kind of competition. Soooooo..... going against my nature I decided to make the best of it!

If you visit my blog you know I love making 3D projects and I have decided to create a challenge blog devoted to them. Don't know if anyone will be interested but I figured why not, it will be fun to try. It will be called Paper Cubed (P3) and will be a monthly challenge with a prize (often a Spellbinders die) with a winner chosen at random and a top three chosen on merit just for the glory.

The pictures shown are of some of the things I submitted and I will have tutorials on how I made them on the challenge blog. Click HERE to see the details, the first challenge and a pic of the first prize.

10 comments:

☼ Cheryl* said...

oooo! I love making 3d things. I am really bad at them though!!! But I will join in and i'll post about it on my blog for more people to see :)

~*Joni said...

Oh Kim they don't know what they missed out on!! I always think that there is a reason for everything, although I can't justify how your wonderful application didn't make the cut. I am a huge advocate of 3D stuff and can't wait to join you! My stuff may not look like yours though, but random and I are friends. heehee! Beautiful artwork here, you are admired around blog world!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love Spellbinders, and this sounds fun, I need the practice.

Lesa said...

Kim I have been admiring your stuff for a long time. Don't be so hard on yourself girl! Seriously I was on the team last year and never thought I would ever make it. You are right up there. Dust yourself off and try again. I look at my stuff compared to a lot of the rest of you and have no idea how they picked me. If these are your submissions you should be proud. They are gorgeous!!!! ((((((((hugs girl))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim....are those people NUTS!!!! I personally own one of your GORGEOUS creations and I brag on it often!!! It is of the most top quality work I've ever seen and breathtakingly GORGEOUS!!!! I'm surprised you did not come in first place!!! You are a VERY VERY VERY GIFTED ARTist and one I'm so proud to call my friend!!!!

Unknown said...

just beautiful!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I don't even know what to say-I hear ya...it's so hard sometimes in this industry but I do not even want you to let it get you down for a SECOND. YOU are an AMAZING artist-seriously, you make me want to work harder to EARN my spot on the DT not just the job I have at TGF. As a designer I am floored by your work every day and I know I am BY FAR not alone :) Beautiful projects!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Gorgeous creations!!! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. TFS!

Leanne said...

Kim, their loss is someone else's gain. Your creations are out of this world. I look forward to your challenge page and to trying to create the beautiful items that you produce. You are a great inspiration and should not be down about it. We are all behind you!!
Hugs!

WickedPixie said...

Kim, I think your projects here are awesome! I don't think that way (3D), and I am always blown away by the things you come up with! :-)Traci