Saturday, March 13, 2010

TANKS A LOT!

Hope you all are having a great weekend! I am off to help out at my daughter's Drum line competition.  I am working the candy gram table so it should be fun.  If you are interested in knowing what drum line is you can check it out HERE. This isn't my daughters group but last years.  If you can stand the noise it is pretty cool.
I thought SOLDIER IAN needed some transpo so made him a tank.
Click HERE for a PDF (yay, I think i figured it out, if not email me and I will send you a copy) of the pattern pieces.You will need to download the pic and then print yourself a copy.  I am absolutely, positively, NOT perfect so you may have to tweak it a bit to get it to work.  Meaning don't B**** if it isn't perfect LOL!
Here is how I put it together. Please READ the instructions there are a few points that aren't obvious from the pictures

Cut out the pieces shown out of patterned paper. The circle was punched with 1.5 inch circle punch.

The pieces were then glued to a piece of dark green card stock and I free hand cut around the edges leaving about an 1/8th of an inch of dk green border. This gives it some body and also gives a bit of shadow effect for the image.
Four, black, 1-1/4 inch circles and four dk green 1 inch circles were punched.

And assembled as shown using a brown brad in the center.
The wheels were attached to the base with pop dots to give a little dimension
For the base of the card a black piece of CS was folded in half.

The top of the tank was placed along the fold in the black cs.

I traced around the pattern piece and cut it out.
Attach the pattern pieces shown above first. The black card base should stick out around the pieces just a bit (again a little shadow effect) so don't worry if everything doesn't fit perfectly.

The top part  fits over the circular lid of the tank is placed flat against the black base. The bottom part had a double layer of pop dots along the top edge so that it fit on top of and clears the wheels.
And she is all ready to roll.... but don't forget to attach Soldier Ian!

13 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Unknown said...

kim...SHUT UP AGAIN!!!! love this...what a flippin' cool idea!

Jami said...

WAY COOL!!! Love it!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So fabulous! Love it! :)

Mary Giles said...

Kim this is fabulous!!! You ALWAYS come up with the most amazing shaped cards.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This totally rocks! I could use a new ride... want to build me one! LOL!

WickedPixie said...

You are brilliant and amazing and this is fantastic! :-)Traci

Tasha said...

WOW this is amazing! Love your creativity
love tasha xx

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This is absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for all the details : )

Peggy said...

What a super cute idea!! Love your tank and Ian!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is fantastic! I am so glad to be back and just oogling all the amazing creations on your blog! What an awesome project!

Cheryl Walker said...

Kim you are one smart little gal arent you....lol I love this, and you are sooo creative!!! beautiful job hun, and love the tank for Ian, im sure he does tooo!!!! Im sooo glad that we are on the same DT's !!! Enjoy your day hun!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Tammy said...

My (marine) daughter heads to Afghanistan tomorrow so this card will be perfect to include with one of her many care packages.
Thanks for sharing. I love it and I know she will too.
Tammy