Monday, March 15, 2010

A HYBRID TEACHER'S GIFT

Happy Monday! I think that is an oxymoron, especially since we lost an hour of sleep on Saturday night.  It is amazing how much an hour's change can affect one's body.
Today I have a cute little box template that was originally created by Kelleigh Ratzlaff to be a candy dispenser. You can see an example of it HERE. It is a template available, along with the digital paper that I used, at THE DIGI CHICK.
I made the box into a little teacher's gift. I added a side holder to tuck in a little pen and attached a pack of post it notes to the top. The top opens up to allow you to add candy which I replaced with paper clips to go with the them. You could just as easily put in rubber bands or another small office supply. Everything is all together in a a neat, pretty little package. The beautiful paper used for this project is called VINTAGE GIRL. It has a range of soft pretty papers perfect for a shabby chic look.
I know I am a little early for teacher's gifts but with my crazy busy schedule I need to plan ahead and these are so easy to make.

3 comments:

Gloria Dojlido said...

WHat a great idea! Yours turned out fabulous! Very creative...what a great teachers gift.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great idea! Love this paper and no it's not too early to start - you're the smart one!!

Amy Johnson said...

How cute! What a nice teachers gift!