Thursday, October 22, 2009

SAVE THE TA-TAS!

Face it, whether we are women or men we all have them and are therefor at risk. In some way it has touched the lives of just about everyone. My mother in law is a survivor and the lab that I work in has an undergraduate student who is in a current battle with it. I spent three years working on breast cancer research so I know firsthand how difficult, time consuming and expensive it is to find effective treatments. Take some time this month to educate yourself and maybe donate a coin or two to help support ongoing research.

In honor of BCAM Lindsay from LINDSAY'S STAMP STUFF is giving away a couple of great digi stamps on her blog THE FRUGAL CRAFTER. And Shannon, a DT member, has this cool purse/card holder (along with cards to go inside) template as a freebie as well. You can find it on her blog DESERT DESIGNS. All you do is print, cut and paste. Easy peasy and you have a really thoughtful and quite useful gift.

I printed the stamp in both cream and pink then cut out and layered the pieces. If you look closely you can see that Shannon wrote words like hope, believe and courage throughout the purse paper.




Lindsay has more freebies this week on her blog and has just added some really great Christmas cupcake wrappers to her store. check them and the other DT members blog for some inspiration.


Lindsay
Leanne
Janet
Lisa
Margie
Katt
Tracey
Tamara
Melissa
Diana
Cindi
Shannon
Ceal Pritchett, Oct. guest designer

16 comments:

Mrs. Fence said...

What a fun reminder about such a serious problem! and you are so right - women and men need to be aware. Great project, Kim :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this! The pink distressing is great! So beautiful!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Great job with the purse Kim - so glad you used it! Your layered save the ta-tas stamp is perfect - I really love the dimension it adds.

Cindi said...

beautiful!!! I love this, and you are right both men & women need to be aware.
:)

Mary Giles said...

What a great project! I love how you layered circle.

Cindy Haffner said...

I love this Kim, awesome job.

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous creation, Kim.
Love the sentiment!!

Karen x

ljurecek said...

Yay! You finished the purse! Thanks to your project and picture, I think I finally "get" the purse. You've got a great view of it and it looks so neat and professional!

Leanne said...

Wow this purse is awesome and I love how you layered the stamp! But EVERYTHING you do is always the best!!!! I always love seeing what you come up with from week to week! Please don't leave!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

GORGEOUS project Kim! LOVE this! It's beautifully done and wonderful meaning!

Melissa Craig said...

This is wonderful Kim. I love seeing this purse put together and it's such a happy way to remind us all of a serious illness. I pray a cure is found. I am thankful that my sister is a survivor and I am thankful that there are so many survivors out there. But some have lost their mothers, sisters, aunts and daughters to this horrible disease. Preach it on... save those ta-tas!!

Anonymous said...

The stamp looks so cool printted on the pattern paper and layered!

Diana said...

OMG! I am in LOVEEEEEEEE with that purse. So gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute Awareness project Kim ! Thanks for sharing. ( the pencils that I use for shading, are non-photo blue,electric blue and peacock blue):o) Tracy

Amy Johnson said...

What a cute project for such a worthy cause.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

YOu are so right. Cancer has affected so many!! My mother in law gained 10 years from treatments but eventually the cancer did win out.
I just love your cute project!! What an awesome way to make others more aware!! Love it!