Thursday, September 3, 2009

DRAGONTALES

Hi everyone hope you're all having a great week so far!



The Flourished Dragonfly is definitely one of my favs from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff's wonderful collection. I pulled out my Color wash jewels from Stampzia for this project. I haven't used them in so long but I thought a sort of rainbow/stained glass effect would look nice on this stamp. The Stampzia product is water-based and comes in a spray bottle. Before printing the stamp I sprayed the six colors across a sheet of white cardstock making a rainbow and let it dry. Then, I printed the stamp onto the colored paper. So simple and I think it came out pretty well.


The corners seemed a little bare to me so I added a wire with some dragon fly beads to the edges. The dots along the black were made with a glitter gel pen.


Today there is a bonus FREEBIE hidden somewhere in one of the design team members blogs. This will be the last from the dt so make sure you check out all their blogs and get it before its gone! Happy hunting!

Lindsay
Melissa
Janet
Lisa
Margie
Katt
Tracey
Tamara
Row
Olena
Melissa
Leanne
Ellen Sept. Guest DT

10 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card! that wire looks great, the perfect touch! It seems many of us were enjoying this stamp this week, myself included!

Lindsay Weirich said...

you are so clever, I was wondering how you used the sprays without smaring the ink, good tip! and beautiful card! Submit this for publication!!!

Margie said...

I love the richness of the colors on this!

Leanne said...

Wow! How freakin cool is this card!! I love it!

Janet said...

this is sooooooooooo pretty! i love the colours!
hugs

Diana said...

This is soooooo lovely! I love all the shiny on there, awesome!

Melissa Craig said...

"oh wow" she says trying to catch her breath. In Leanne's words, this is freakin' cool!

Penny Duncan said...

Good Morning Kim!!! I just wanted to THANK YOU for your awesome wishes on my new website...I'm excited to say I have finally launched it...still alot to do but it's up and running..... http://pennyduncancreations.com Have a blessed day!!!

Olena said...

WOW! This is so lovely! Nice job. ~Olena~

ljurecek said...

Your dragonfly card is color-icious! The effect just looks so great with this image.