Saturday, June 6, 2009

1st ANNUAL 2 SKETCHES 4 YOU ULTIMATE CARD SHOWDOWN

I found a great new challenge site -2 SKETCHES 4 YOU - that has some amazing crafty prizes and I thought I would give it a try (you only fail if you don't try right?). The only problem is that it is due today and I just found out about it so....
The house is a mess, the garden has weeds as big as my 8 YO son, I have 12 cards due for a card swap (not started yet) and two DT projects due this week (also not started). But did that stop me? The kids are out of school and happy to lay around all day, the laundry can wait and in some places those weeds are considered native grasses.



Initially, I had a grand idea of making a mini photo album of my kids at the beach but time and the fact that very few of our beach pictures are digital discouraged that pretty quickly.

I used a couple of digi images from ALL THAT SCRAPS (one of my new fav places to get stamps)and made a pop up card.

I had planned on the front being a shaker card with sand but the only sand I had was the dirty stuff from the sandbox so it turned into just a box with a Jolees sand castle adn sun. I still like it though.

I made the surf boards a little larger and staggered them on pop-up mechanisms so that when you open the card they kind of accordian out, it looks cool IP. I used the new EK beach border punch from Michaels both on the front and inside, love that thing!
I have to give another shout out to The Digi Chick scrapbook store. I used the Avery paper pack for this project. Since I was in such a rush it was so wonderful to be able quickly find coordinating paper and download it immediately. I would have spent a good 3 hours running to my LSS and MAYBE finding the appropriate paper. Not to dis my LSS which I love, it is just so convenient going digi sometimes.

16 comments:

Amy C said...

What a cute and creative card this is!! Great job!!

Nancy said...

This is so cute:O) Love the "window". The little image is adorable!
Hugs, Nancy.

Latisha said...

How adorable is this! What a great card!!

Jingle said...

This is super stinking cute! I love your sand castle tucked in there!

Danni said...

This is just so adorable! what a wonderful card!

AUsome mom said...

This is silly cute! I love the "sand box". Great, great job!!

Laura Davis said...

OMGoodness this is sooo cute! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! The surf boards the sandcastle the little cutie patootie witha swim cap, it's just soooo adorable!

cnelson said...

such an adorable card! love, love, LOVE it!

anja curvers said...

Is this pretty or what? Great job.

~amy~ said...

How cute is this??!!! Sooo stinkin' creative!

Unknown said...

Pretty Card! Good luck in the challenge! I am in it too and love looking at the other entries!

Liv said...

Wowwee... very Cool! how did you do the sand? it looks super real... and great color combos...

Ginny said...

this looks FANTASTIC, tfs :0)

Michelle said...

WOW! Is that ever awesome! I can't imagine what you do when you actually have time on your hands! You're one talented lady!

Froggy said...

WOW!! Amazing Kim!! I so want those stamps!!!