Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mouse is in da House


I am not much of a girly girl. I never liked playing with dolls or barbi, I don't like chatting on the phone and I can't even remember the last time I wore heels. I do love pink and purple though, go figure. This led to the purchase of the paper I used for this project. I really liked the rich combination of beige, purple and turquoise in this paper pack.

I find the House Mouse stamps adorable and this is one of the very first stamps I ever bought. It is the only one I own because I find them very intimidating. Something about the complexity of the design seems so overwhelming. However, as I was blurfing while I should have been doing laundry (those poor kids are gonna have to turn their undies inside out again LOL...just kidding!) I found a house mouse monday challenge and thought I would give it a shot with my one and only.

The challenge was do something with multiple images. Since I only had one image I had to make due. I stamped the same image three times and then cut out and highlighted the two mice with my little circle frames.

Happy Sunday and Have a great week!

Card Stuff
Stamp, Birthday cupcake
Paper, Black Market Paper Society - Let it Bloom
Coloring, Prismacolor pencil and gamsol
Etc., Martha Stewart Punch, Prima flower, SU ribbon

10 comments:

stephanne said...

Hi Kim,

Wow!!! This is too incredible!! You colored them perfectly and everything about your card is impressive. I'm gonna have to agree, that color combo is very becoming. Do not fear the micey's, you've done them justice!!
Stephanne

Sue from Oregon said...

Love this card!

scrapperjulia said...

I love the colors together too! Love how you coloured the images, great card!

Heather said...

Fabulous card Kim. Fantastic colours and papers and such a brilliant job of colouring your images.
I love the distressing it gives a sort of vintage look to the card which I love.
Thanks for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

loretta said...

Brilliant. I absolutely think ghis is a wonderful card!

Michelle said...

this is a wodnerful card...youve done a super job coloring and adding special details to this adorable card TFS!

Jennifer Scull said...

you did a fantastic job with this!! love that paper! and the overall look is faboooo! :)

Amy said...

*GASP!* i LOVE House Mouse!! :) colors are gorgeous! very cute :)

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

so cute! I love house mouse and made them look adorable.

cr8iveme said...

love your card.

hugs.

M.E.