Friday, April 10, 2009

I SPY SOMETHING GREEN


PLEASE BE SAFE "Do not stand sit climb or lean on fences. If you fall animals could eat you and that might make them sick".

That is what the sign in the upper right hand corner of the layout says. Being animal lovers, my family thought it was pretty funny. Long waits drive my family crazy so we often play I spy to pass the time. When the Disney movie Brother Bear came out it had two moose playing I spy and it cracked us up. The moose always spied the same thing…something green. Using the I Spy books as an inspiration I created this layout using cork, flowers, dies, trinkets and pictures of a family trip to an animal reserve in Ohio called The Wilds. As in the books, there are things going on everywhere. Various trinkets are hidden throughout and a list of things to find is included. It is probably hard to read but the poem with the things to spy goes like this
A star, two giraffes, a shell, a bear
A girl with locks of long blond hair
A leaf, a key, a bison, a boy
A day in the wild filled with laughter and joy.

Oh, by the way, the “something green” the moose always spied? It was always a tree. Can you find the moose?

This was my first and only scrapbook page. I made it for a contest (which I didn't win) and I liked how it turned out. I love brown and blue together. I would like to do more pages but I just never seem to have the time or energy for a whole page. All that space is so intimidating to me. Cards are so much smaller and easier to work with. Maybe I should just add a photo to all my cards, throw them in a mini scrapbook and call it a day? Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Wow Kim, this page is fabulous!!!!! You need to come with me to Scrapbook Station for inspiration!! It's a real budget breaker though, so don't say I didn't warn you!!!!!

Linda

Elaine. said...

Love this layout. Keep doing them. And that sign...aren't there some interesting ones out there in this world of ours.
Elaine

Pat (mspfd) said...

Yep, it's peeking out from behind the sign! Awesome page -- love that you picked "I spy" for your inspiration -- totally innovative and creative!