Thursday, February 26, 2009

Focus on strengths not weakness

One of the advantages of getting older is the wisdom that often comes in surprising ways. I have come to realize that it is so much better to focus on ones strengths as apposed to ones weaknesses. As I check out other peoples cards on SCS I am always drawn immediately to the cards that are very elegant, subtle, and softly beautiful. I always want to duplicate that style but I never seem to end up with that kind of card. It has always been this way it seems. When I was in school for fashion design (many moons ago), I made fanciful, whimsical clothes and I won several awards for my designs. However, I wasn't satisfied. There was a girl who had made a very simple, elegant, lovely dress and I was so envious of her style. Even with all my success, I wished I could design like that. Now, here I was, with alot more wrinkles and grey hair, and I still felt that way when looking at other peoples cards. I suddenly realized that I needed to embrace my style, do what comes naturally, and just admire other peoples work. It was a great feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hear you, and just so you know, I think your cards are absolutely AMAZING! I can't wait to see your future posts and look forward to seeing what you do...LOVE your cards and jewelry!